Tennis Alberta is a not-for-profit provincial sport governing
body for tennis, existing to encourage participation and provide
competitive opportunities for players of all levels.
Sportsmanship & Ethical Conduct Survey
This year Tennis Alberta created a Sportsmanship & Ethical Conduct committee with a vision to create a culture of sportsmanship and ethical conduct within the tennis community in Alberta. Comprised of members of the tennis community and Tennis Alberta Staff the Committee was conveened to:
- Research industry best practices related to sportsmanship and ethical conduct in amateur sport.
- Review existing policies/process for reporting and dealing with formal complaints to the association and to make recommendations for change.
- Make recommendations to promote and recognize sportsmanship at Tennis Alberta events.
- Create appropriate sanction guidelines for behavior issues for players and
- Make recommendation to Tennis Alberta on how to engage more parents
and how to educate them on their role in their children’s experience and
development in sport.
With these initiatives in mind, we have created a survey to find out how Junior players and parents feel about the current sportsmanship and ethics processes in place, and what tools and services we could offer to help improve tournament conditions for players, coaches, and parents.
Please take the time to fill out the survey at the below link. Your feedback is extremely valuable and will help us determine how we as an association should move forward.