encouraging participation and providing competitive opportunities
for players of all levels.
2013 Canada Games Selection Criteria
Athlete selection for the 2013 Canada Summer Games will be based on the following:
- Athletes Roger’s Ranking within Canada
- Head to Head wins/losses in selected tournament play
- In the case of doubles team selection the players ability to serve, return and volley will also be taken into consideration
- The Board of Directors for Tennis Nova Scotia reserves the right to add players to the core team at any time based on unforeseen circumstances
2011 and 2012 athlete requirements
Athletes interested in tryouts for 2013 Canada Games selection will be required to participate in 5 of the following 8 events during the 2011 and 2012 seasons (dates TBA):
- TNS Season Opener
- Waegwoltic Junior
- TNS Provincial Junior
- Bell and Grant St Georges Open
- Cape Breton Junior Regionals
- Metro Junior Regionals
- Bell and Grant Nova Scotia Open
- Bell and Grant Chester Open
Canada Games training camps will be organized based on the results of these events.
The core team for the 2013 Canada Summer Games will be chosen based on the criteria above following the Summer Canadian National Championships in August 2012. Core team training will take place starting in September 2012 through July 2013.